The partners of SafeFish provide general oversight and assist in the identification of emerging issues. They also assist in communicating the technical outputs of SafeFish through appropriate channels in Australia and overseas to facilitate the resolution of issues. Members include:
- Food & Animal Bi-products Section, Export Standards Branch of the, Commonwealth Department of Agriculture, and Water Resources (DAWR)
- Dairy, Eggs and Fish Program, Export Division, Commonwealth Department of Agriculture, and Water Resources (DAWR)
- Fisheries Research and Development Corporation (FRDC)
- Food Standards, Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ)
- Food Safety & Innovation Division, The South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI)
- Australian Shellfish Quality Assurance Advisory Committee (ASQAAC)
- Seafood Trade Advisory Group
- Sydney Fish Market
- Representatives of the seafood processing industry
Technical Experts Pool
The Technical Experts Pool provides scientific advice to resolve technical barriers to trade and assist in providing input into the development of Codex standards.
The experts within this group have knowledge and skills in a range of disciplines including; Residues, Microbiology, Viruses, Natural toxins, Risk assessment, Epidemiology, Economics, Trade, Public health and Codex.
Industry Technical Pool
The Industry Technical Pool provides industry perspective and practical implementation advice on technical barriers to trade and Codex standards under development. The Pool consists of members from each key seafood industry sector, in addition to other representatives with industry experience.
The SafeFish secretariat periodically requests the input of experts to assist resolving food safety and technical trade issues. To be included in these communications, please register your interest on this page by subscribing below.
The Australian Shellfish Quality Assurance Program (ASQAP)
The Australian Shellfish Quality Assurance Advisory Committee is made up of an industry and regulator representative from each of the shellfish growing states, the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources Export Branch, and Food Standards Australia New Zealand. They are responsible for maintaining the Australian Shellfish Quality Assurance Program Operations Manual. Find the Australian Shellfish Quality Assurance Program Operations Manual 2016 here.